We must breathe clean hair. However, this may not be the case for most of us. Due to how buildings have been constructed and the different things we bring into our homes, it is estimated that the inside of our houses is more polluted than outside. And since most of us spend most of our time indoors, this could pose a significant issue for us down the line.
However, there’s no need to worry because the solution to this problem is relatively simple. Air purifiers can remove up to 99.97 percent of these harmful toxins from the air, preventing you from breathing them into your lungs. This will help to make sure that the air you breathe is as clean as possible.
But with so many different brands available on the market, it might be difficult for you to decide which air purifier to purchase. In this buying guide, we will inform you about the different types of air purifiers and some of the best options on the market, according to customer reviews.
Different Types of Air Purifiers
Air purifiers come in many shapes and sizes, but they have four major types.
- HEPA filtration: This is the most popular type and is considered to be the gold standard. The paper filter traps contaminants and can remove 99.97 percent of all contaminants in the air, including ones that are only 0.3 microns in size. Ensure that the air purifier you’re purchasing has a True HEPA filter because this is the most effective.
- Ionic filtration: Ionic filtration works by releasing charged ions into the air, settling onto contaminants. The contaminants then fall to surfaces, and the electrostatic plate in the purifier attracts the particles and gets rid of them.
- Carbon filtration: These air filters have tiny absorbent pores, trap gases, odors, and fumes. They are not meant to remove any particles that cause health problems and allergies and can only remove those that cause smells.
- UV light: This is a special technology that will release light to attack pollutants. It does not work as a typical filter, and the UV light remains inside the purifier. Instead, it works by killing bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants by destroying their DNA.
Although there are undoubtedly many air purifiers out there, some come from more popular brands than others. Here are some of the more popular brands on our list.
- Hamilton Beach: Hamilton Beach is one of the most popular brands on the market for different appliances for your home. This brand’s products include air fryers, coffee makers, deep fryers, blenders, and more.
- LEVOIT: LEVOIT is a brand committed to making products as environmentally friendly as possible, and that does not emit ozone. They also produce humidifiers in addition to air purifiers.
Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Home
This is considered to be the best home air purifier. The purifier comes with a true HEPA air filter, which can kill 99.97 percent of harmful allergens and pollutants in the air, very tiny ones. In addition to that, it can kill viruses, including influenza, rhinovirus, and staph. It also will work with titanium dioxide to reduce some of the more volatile compounds in the air. If you have any allergies to dust or pet hair, the pre-filter will trap these allergens, which also increases the HEPA filter’s longevity. The air purifier can also remove odors with the use of its activated charcoal filter, and some of the odors it can remove include smoke, pets, and cooking fumes. One of the main reasons this product remains so popular among buyers is that it works quietly, and you can even set it to the lowest setting while you’re asleep so that it can be white noise. There are three-speed settings, and it also has a UV C light. The purifier can filter the air in a room up to 167 square feet, and it will filter the air four times per hour. The filter is 22 inches. The CADR rating for dust is 118, for pollen is 125, and for smoke is 108.
This LEVOIT air purifier is considered to be the best air purifier for allergies. It was also rated as having the best design according to air purifier reviews. The product does not use UVC light or Anion because these are said to produce ozone, so you can be assured there will be no ozone in the air you breathe. It also has an innovative 3-stage filtration system consisting of the pre-filter, the true HEPA filter, and the high-efficiency activated carbon filter. The purpose of this filter is to make sure that all allergens, including pet hair and dander, mold, smoke, odor, and dust, are captured. It can remove 99.97 percent of contaminants from the air and remove impurities that are only 0.3 microns. In addition, it operates quietly- only at 25 decibels- so you will barely even notice it as you go about your day. The air purifier can circulate the air in your room four times every hour to ensure that it is as clean as possible. The size makes it perfect for smaller or medium-sized rooms, as well as your office at work. In addition, it has a night light with two settings so you can see better. There is also a replacement indicator built into the device that will remind you when you have to replace the filter.
This option from Hamilton Beach is considered to be one of the best air purifiers for pets, in addition to being one of the cheapest. As we said, Hamilton Beach is known for its high-quality air purifiers, but they also come at a great value. This product has three filtration stages. First, the HEPA filter can capture dander and other pollutants in the air. Second, two carbon zeolite filters are replaceable, which will target pet odors. It is easy to replace these filters with the push of a button. In addition, the pre-filter will capture larger dust particles and pet hair. The filter can capture 99.97 percent of these particles, even if only 3 microns in size. It also can reduce odors from pets, smoke, and other sources. The operation of this air purifier is very quiet, and you can even set it to the Whisper Clean setting when you are getting ready to go to bed. It’s easy to clean, and the HEPA filter is permanent, so you can even vacuum it to clean. And it will not be necessary to replace the filter. Finally, you can position this air purifier either horizontally or vertically as it will best fit your room. It is capable of filtering the air in rooms that are up to 140 square feet in size.
Here is another great option with many of the same features that the others have to offer. It has a HEPA filter, which can capture 99.97 percent of all the pollutants and particles in the air, including odors, dust, pollen, mold spores, and more. The UVC light can destroy most bacteria and germs, some of which include viruses and fungi. It works very quietly, and it only takes seconds to set up when the package arrives at your door. It has a timer that you can set to turn off after 2, 4, or 8 hours of use. This will help you to save energy. In addition to that, the device will only operate at a noise level of 30 decibels, so you can even leave it on while you’re asleep and not have any issues. You will get the air purifier, the HEPA filter, and a 5-year warranty in the package. It can cover an area of 200 square feet, making it the perfect choice for most medium-sized rooms.
And finally, here is another option from LEVOIT that is considered one of the best HEPA air purifiers. As we mentioned, LEVOIT, apart from other brands, is that all of its products are entirely ozone-free, making its products among the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma. These also make good whole-house air purifiers because you can use this in much larger rooms than any rest. You can use it in rooms that are 360 square feet, and the purifier will clean the air approximately 4 or 5 times every hour. It claims to purify the air at speed 30 times faster than that of other air purifiers. It does this with the Honeycomb activated carbon filter, the true HEPA filter, and the pre-filter. You can easily use this in your bedroom, kitchen, family room, or any other large room in the house. It has an intelligent filter life, so it will be able to calculate how much time remains until you have to change the filter again according to how the filter is used, which will also help you save money in the long run. This filter has a cutting-edge smart sensor, which means that the purifier can change between 3 different speed settings according to the air quality readings. It only operates at a noise level of 27 decibels, making it perfect for use while you’re sleeping. There is also an LED display that you can leave on or turn off to keep you awake at night. This product has been Energy Star, FCC, and CARB certified, and it has met strict requirements for industry standards.
Also, Check-Out: Molekule Air Purifier Review
Even More Options
There are a few
more factors to consider when you purchase an air purifier.
- Get the right size: You must get an air purifier that is the right size. Make sure to check the square footage rating of the purifier that you want to get and see if it matches.
- Check the CADR rating: This stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate, and it measures dust, tobacco smoke, and pollen. The rating ranges between 100 and 450, and the higher the number, the better the device is at removing those pollutants.
- Noise level: Many people place a lot of importance on how loud their air purifier is. This is primarily since people like to leave it on at night. Check to see how many decibels the air purifier operates at.
- Timer: Some air purifiers allow you to set a timer for specific time intervals to ensure that it will turn off even when you’re not home or when you’re asleep.
Ensuring that the air you breathe is fresh and clean is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your family. This will help you remain healthy for as long as possible, and if you or any of your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or other breathing problems, it can make a world of difference when you purchase an air purifier.