What color of lipstick should a 50 year old woman wear? How to choose the best one based on your skin tone? A full guide for finding the best nude lipstick color for women over 50 with a light, olive, or dark skin tone.
Which Is the Best Nude Lipstick Color Women Over 50 Should Wear?
Personally, I rarely leave the house without applying lipstick. Whether it’s a dusty mauve shade for a casual walk through the city or a bold red lip for a hot date, my lips are never left bare. However, as we age, often some of the lipstick colors we used to love so much just don’t sit that well on us anymore. Age does reflect on the way your lips look by thinning them out and creating wrinkles, and this is all completely normal. But that doesn’t mean that you should stop wearing lipstick altogether! It just means that you need a new, flattering shade to complement your ageing skin and skin tone. And I’ve got just the perfect nude lipstick color for each of you! Are you interested?
Best Nude Lipstick Color Women Over 50 to Pick with a Light Skin Tone
Which nude lipstick shade should you choose for a woman over 50 with a lighter skin tone? Nude colors generally look flattering on every skin tone. But if you are looking for a shade that will best suit a lighter one, you first have to understand your skin’s undertones. Here’s how:
- Cool undertone – The veins on your inner wrist look bluish or purplish under natural light.
- Warm undertone – Your veins appear greenish under natural light.
- Neutral undertone – Unclear mixture of blue and green veins.
Now that you’ve figured out about the undertone of your lighter skin, here is a guide on picking out the best nude lipstick color for women over 50:
- For light skin with cool undertones, opt for nude shades in pink, mauve or cool taupe undertones.
- For someone with light skin and a warm undertone, choose a nude lipstick with peach, coral or warm beige undertones.
- Light skin with a neutral undertone will look best with a nude that strikes a balance between warm and cool undertones. Something like a pinkish-nude or a soft brown.
Don’t forget that a lipstick’s finish is also crucial for the way you look! Especially after turning 50.
Should Older Women Wear Matte or Satin Lipstick?
As your skin ages, it would be better to play it safe and not wear a lipstick with a finish that can leave your face looking washed out. That’s why it would be best to steer clear of matter finishes, as they tend to dry out your lips, resulting in an unflattering look that can even age you. Finishes that are too glossy are also out of the question as they tend to be worn mostly be women in their 20s, so they can result in a not age-appropriate look for you. Best to bet on a lipstick with a satin or creamy finish to enhance the look of your lips.
Also read: What Lipstick Makes You Look Older and What Younger? Find Out Now!
Best Nude Lipstick Color Women Over 50 to Pick with an Olive Skin Tone
For a woman over 50 with a medium to olive skin tone, you have a variety of nude shades to pick from!
- For someone with warm undertones, pick a nude with warm undertones like caramel, beige and orange to complement your skin.
- Women over 50 with medium to olive skin with cool undertones should look for a subtle blush pink nude lipstick that happens to be just a touch darker than the color of their lips.
Best Nude Lipstick Color Women Over 50 to Pick with a Darker Skin Tone
When you are looking for the perfect nude lipstick for a woman over 50 with a darker skin tone, you would want to search for one that delivers you with a subtle, yet striking contrast. What do I mean exactly? Don’t wear a too light nude, as this will make you look ghostly and create an unnatural look. Whereas, shades that are too close to your skin tone can get lost. Aim for the perfect balance. Find a nude with rich undertones of chocolate brown or red. Accentuate your complexion’s natural warmth with nudes that have intensely pigmented formulas with warm undertones.
Hasn’t every woman thought whether she should match her lipstick to her outfit? Read this guide for choosing the right colour based on your choice of clothes!